Pregnancy affects women differently than others. The hormonal changes that are experienced and the presence of the baby within the maternal womb bring about an evident modification of the female body, more evident as your baby grows within you. These natural changes make the facial and body aesthetics of the pregnant woman to be modified many times, but each pregnant woman can slow down or at least greatly decrease those who are negative doing preventive care and in this way preserve your beauty, feel better, more healthy and aware of your femininity.
The appearance of stretch marks, varicose veins, cellulite, local adiposities, fluid retention, overweight and/or obesity, as well as disorders of the facial skin, such as acne, facial spots (chloasma of pregnancy), darkening of the skin in certain areas, they, are almost a norm.
Sometimes you will wonder if after childbirth you will return to your usual physical appearance. Do not hesitate! If you take the necessary precautions most of these problems can be prevented or easily treated:
It is one of the most common cosmetic problems during pregnancy. Logically, they are produced by an expansion in the skin, especially in the abdomen and breasts. They are difficult to correct and, therefore, it is recommended to insist on prevention. For this, we recommend body oils such as rosehip, wheat germ, or sweet almond oil in the area where the stretch marks are found, and in a clockwise direction.
It is one of the usual discomforts during pregnancy, especially if there is overweight or a family history of varicose veins. Why do varicose veins arise? Due to the manufacture of an extra volume of blood to feed the fetus. The ideal is to prevent its appearance. How?
- Put your legs up as often as possible. If you work sitting, use a footrest.
- If you work standing up, try to pause often, putting your legs up.
- Do gymnastics for feet.
- Sleep with your legs raised, for this place a pillow under your feet.
- Try to keep fit in general, swimming or doing water gymnastics for pregnant women are the best options.
- Make warm/cold baths in the legs to activate circulation in the legs.
- Take support measures related to food
Take care of your image to maintain your self-esteem. You should not give up feeling beautiful during this time. Pregnancy is a time when many women are especially beautiful and radiant.
Fluid Accumulation, Heavy and/or Swollen Legs
It is one of the most common discomforts that often occurs during the final stage of pregnancy. It is largely caused by the baby compressing the groin area as it grows, making it difficult for both blood and lymph circulation to return. This symptom, although annoying, is considered completely normal.
- Wear comfortable and light footwear. Avoid heels.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing, especially around the thighs.
- Walk and exercise the legs (it will help you to pump the liquids from the legs to the heart).
- Massage your legs from the bottom up, starting at the ankles and ending at the groin.
- When you shower, apply cold water baths on the legs from the ankles to the calves.
- If you can go to give you lymphatic drains.
- Make sure your diet is poor in salt and drink enough water ..
- Avoid standing still for a long time.
- Sit in a comfortable position with your feet up.
- Lie on your back and keep your legs up, resting them on the wall to be more comfortable.
It is rare for cellulite to come out exclusively from pregnancy. But, in those women who have a predisposition to suffer from that problem, it may be that it is potentiated during that time. Fluid retention favors the increase of cellulite. To avoid great difficulties, it is recommended not to stop practicing physical activity: Pilates, yoga, or aqua gym specifically for pregnant women are excellent options. She walks every day.
Diet is also important: fatty foods and sugary drinks should be discarded. Instead, you should consume vegetables and fruits and drink plenty of water (12 or 15 glasses per day).
Also Read: BASIC CONCEPTS OF NUTRITION