Natural fixing gel can help us moisturize our hair, thanks to its natural ingredients, and it is much healthier than chemical products. The gel is one of the most used hair products as its texture and properties allow it to hold the hair in place and create fabulous hairstyles. Did you know that, in addition to the commercial version, you can create a fixative gel with natural ingredients at home?
Using natural ingredients is nothing new in the hair care industry. It’s easy to find shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and more that include avocado, aloe, coconut, and more. Even if the effect is obviously limited, as an alternative to the commercial gel, you can prepare a version with natural ingredients.
Fragrance-Free Fixative Gel
Unflavored gelatin is a protein and collagen-rich product that benefits the hair roots to promote healthy growth. Given its particular consistency, it is one of the best ingredients to replace chemical-based commercial gels. The advantage is that with its use, we give the hair a more voluminous and shiny look.
- Four tablespoons of unflavored gelatin (40 grams)
- ¾ cup of water (150 milliliters)
How To Prepare It?
- Add the unflavored gelatin to the warm water and mix well to obtain a smooth cream.
- If you want it to be a little more liquid, add more water.
- To quickly acquire a gel consistency, put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Spread the product over the hair and use a large-toothed comb to style as desired.
Linseed Fixative Gel
The essential fatty acids in flax seeds and the gel they release are beneficial for obtaining beautiful hairstyles without affecting the hair’s health. Its application fights hair loss, increases shine, and prevents scalp dryness.
- Four tablespoons of flax seeds (40 grams)
- 1 cup of distilled water (250 milliliters)
- Two tablespoons of rose water (20 milliliters)
- One teaspoon of natural glycerin (5 milliliters)
How To Prepare It?
- Pour the distilled water into a saucepan, add the flax seeds, and heat.
- When the product starts to boil, leave it for a minute, then remove it from the heat.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then pour the liquid into a glass jar.
- Add the rose water and glycerin, making sure to mix well.
- Close the container and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once you have the desired consistency, apply it like any other gel. However, avoid using it too often because it can dry out the hair.
- Prepare a small amount at a time, as it only lasts two weeks.
Aloe Vera And Vanilla Fixative Gel
The gel that contains the aloe vera plant is a great product to keep your hair shiny and strong.
Thanks to its properties, it strengthens the hair shaft and prevents excessive dryness and loss.
In this case, we take advantage of its consistency to prepare a natural gel to replace those sold on the market. With this, you will get shinier hair and more elegant and full-bodied hairstyles.
- Six tablespoons of aloe vera gel (90 grams)
- Three tablespoons of liquid vanilla (30 milliliters)
- One vitamin E capsule
How To Prepare It?
- Cut an aloe vera stem and extract the gel it contains inside.
- Drain the product and keep only the gel.
- Add the aloe to the blender glass and beat it with the liquid vanilla without coloring or sweeteners.
- You can optionally add a vitamin E capsule to make it more beneficial and long-lasting.
- After obtaining a homogeneous and dense product, pour it into a jar and cover it well.
- Use it on dry or damp hair; take the necessary amount and apply it with a light massage.
- Avoid heating elements after their application, as they can harm your hair.
As you can see, several options exist for making inexpensive gels utterly free of harsh chemicals.