The pandemic has created global trends. But there were also some surprises among them – for example the many banana breads that were tirelessly pushed into the oven last year. The Food -Trend has conquered all of Instagram without question; after all, the bread is delicious, too, if you like bananas.
Only the word bread is misleading – after all, the recipe is more like that of a cake. So if you want to get back into your fitness routine and follow a strict nutrition plan, you have to do without the delicious trend. Not quite.
Banana Bread Protein Bar: This recipe is perfect for building muscle
A cool variant of banana bread is also especially suitable for sports enthusiasts and muscle building. And it comes from the banana bread expert par excellence: Chiquita. The recipe is full of nutritional values, proteins and does not contain any artificial sweeteners. The perfect snack before a strenuous workout!
What you need for the recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 250g peanut butter
- 200g oatmeal
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 55g almond leaves
- 85g honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
That’s how it’s done:
- Step 1: Line an approximately 23 x 23 cm sheet with baking paper and set it aside.
- Step 2: Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Step 3: Peel the bananas and mix with the peanut butter, honey and cinnamon.
- Step 4: Add the almond leaves, desiccated coconut and oatmeal and mix everything well.
- Step 5: Put the mixture on the baking sheet lined with baking paper. Spread everything evenly with a spatula.
- Step 6: Bake for about 20-25 minutes until everything is golden brown.
Now just cut into even bars and let them taste before the workout!
Also Read: Nutrition: This 7-ingredient Vegan Cookie Recipe Is Packed With Protein