There’s one thing people should always do: take care of their skin. After all, there are many benefits. Among them is the guarantee of more protection for your body. But the lack of regular care jeopardizes the health of your skin and gives your appearance a dry look. In this article, you will follow valuable guidelines to get rid of dry skin and gain a fuller appearance.
The causes of dry skin can vary widely and range from a lack of healthy routines to even a genetic predisposition. Our most precious fabric still has to withstand the effects of pollution and inadequate exposure to the sun throughout the day.
The good news is that getting hydrated and radiant skin doesn’t have to be a mystery, so pay close attention to what we’re going to highlight below.
Dry Skin No More
Dry skin has a level of oil below average, so you need to focus on products and habits that don’t remove what’s already missing. Therefore:
- When bathing, prefer moisturizing soaps indicated adequately for sensitive skin, as they have components capable of activating enzymes and proteins;
- Lower the temperature of the water, as when it is too hot; it removes the skin’s natural protective layer. Take only one or two showers a day ( of course, the amount depends a lot on the activities you perform ) for a maximum of 10 minutes;
- Do not use very thick loofahs when washing. Betting on exfoliation is excellent, as the process removes dead cells, prevents infections, and facilitates the absorption of moisturizers, but you need to be careful. These products accumulate bacteria, so change them regularly. Do not overuse it; once a week is enough;
- The use of clean washcloths is advisable to dry the face. Don’t rub; press gently;
- Invest in toning daily, but be careful: the product should not contain alcohol, as it harms the skin, as it evaporates, and takes up much of the water. After application, invest in a creamy moisturizer. Models based on Lanolin, a substance naturally produced by animals, help retain hydration;
- For the face, invest in types of products suitable for that area of the body, as long as they are non-comedogenic (they don’t clog pores, that is, zero blackheads ), everything is fine. Bye, dry skin!
The Right Foods To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
There’s no point in spending money and time on super expensive products if you don’t take care of yourself from the inside. Maintaining a balanced diet helps to achieve dream skin and iron health. Here are the essential foods for those who want to get rid of dry skin:
Source of vitamins E, C, and monounsaturated fats, avocados have carotenoid antioxidants that help revitalize the skin. In addition, you can still apply a mask for the face and hair with the benefits that this fruit offers;
They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids capable of strengthening cells, protecting the skin from damage caused by the sun, and preventing cancer and inflammation. Both river and sea species (with a slight advantage for saltwater fish) have the substance.
I prefer to consume them grilled, roasted, or boiled. If fried, they don’t help much because of the excess oil;
Orange Or Yellow Vegetables And Fruits
You can include papaya, carrot, mango, orange, and pumpkin in your shopping list. The vitamins A and beta-carotene present in these foods help cell renewal, fight dry skin free radicals, and increase immunity. ;
Nuts And Seeds
With plenty of vitamins A, B, and E, Omega-3, and monounsaturated fats, this team of champions promotes skin elasticity and removes any possibility of pollutants and free radicals reaching the tissues. Almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds give this category its name. How to ingest them? Simple! Sprinkled on yogurt, boiled or as crunchy toppings;
Last but not least, water is essential for the functioning of our body since it is mainly formed by it. The ideal amount varies for each organism. For adults, the calculation is done by multiplying 35ml by body weight, and for the elderly, the amount is reduced to 20ml.
Thus, a 25-year-old person weighing 60 kg should drink, on average, 2.1 liters daily. Fruits and vegetables can help.