Natural remedies against inflammation are effective in combating cases of tendonitis, osteoarthritis, or muscle pain… Let’s find out. In our daily lives, we are often confronted with inflammations, of course, more or less severe. Inflammation is a reaction of our immune defenses to an attack, the most frequent being burns, infections, or allergies. Of course, there are medications, including cortisone, to treat these inflammations, but there are also natural remedies for inflammation.
Plants Against iInflammation
Chamomile Tea, A Natural Anti-Inflammatory Drink
Roman chamomile has been well-known for centuries for its soothing properties. It is particularly effective against eye and skin inflammation. Drink it in herbal teas. It is also effective against digestive disorders such as infantile colic, bloating, or flatulence.
Vegetable Harpoon, A Potent Natural Muscle Anti-Inflammatory
The vegetable harpoon, also called harpagophytum or devil’s claw, is to be consumed in capsules to fight against back pain or muscle contractions. It is also effective in relieving pain due to osteoarthritis.
Calendula Balm To Say Goodbye To Dermatitis
Marigold, a pretty little orange-yellow flower, helps fight dermatitis. It is used in balm or cream. This flower also has calming and soothing properties. Did you know? Marigold is an effective ally in the vegetable garden. Indeed, it repels parasites!
Aloe Vera, The Remedy Against Skin Inflammation
Aloe vera is one of the best-known home remedies for skin inflammation. It is in gel form, to be stored in a cool place. Take a nut and apply by massaging on a burn or redness. The feeling of calm is immediate.
Tansy, A Potent Natural Anti-Inflammatory
Tansy is increasingly used because it contains many virtues . As an essential oil, it acts against arthritis, tendinitis, and rheumatism but also soothes the skin. Please note: essential oils are not suitable for everyone, especially pregnant and breastfeeding women and children.
Turmeric, The Anti-Inflammatory Gut Spice
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and a recognized anti-inflammatory, such as gastric inflammation. It can be incorporated into certain dishes such as soups or purées and purchased fresh or in powder form.
Noni, A Quickly Effective Painkiller Fruit
Noni helps to heal and reduces pain . This small fruit from Polynesia is available in juice or capsules. Please note that it is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Noni also has other virtues. It is antiviral, analgesic, antibacterial, soothes arthritis and menstrual problems, strengthens immune defenses, etc. Combine it with echinacea for even more effectiveness.
Massage With Wintergreen Oil As An Anti-Inflammatory Against Osteoarthritis
Wintergreen is a shrub native to Asia. Wintergreen essential oil, used during massages, helps relieve osteoarthritis attacks.
Chewing A Clove Against Inflammation Of The Gums
The best way to soothe gum pain is to keep a clove in your mouth. You can also apply sage gum gel.
Annatto Herbal Tea, A Natural Remedy For Throat Inflammation
The annatto is well known in South America. Ingested in herbal tea, it soothes irritated throats. In the form of syrup, it is effective as an anti-inflammatory but also against fever.
A Little Ginger Against Inflammation Of The Stomach
To fight stomach inflammation, why not try ginger? Also recognized for its effectiveness against nausea, it stimulates the secretion of gastric juices, thus accelerating the decomposition of food. The risks of acid reflux are therefore reduced.
Fight Against Respiratory Inflammation With Echinacea
Echinacea strengthens our immune system to be used as a preventive. As a curative, it is drunk in herbal teas and against respiratory inflammation. Good to know: There are a multitude of soothing floral waters. Examples include cornflower water to soothe reddened, irritated, and swollen eyes. They keep cool. If the symptoms persist or intensify or reappear, consult your doctor.
Also Read: Skins, Ailments, And All The Remedies
Natural Remedies Against Inflammation: Our Advice
Do you have inflammation issues? Why not try a natural remedy before starting a drug treatment?
How To Relieve Inflammation Naturally?
First, your best ally to relieve inflammation naturally is food. Indeed, your diet can be of great help to you. Some foods have strong antioxidant power. This virtue is a very effective anti-inflammatory. Therefore, you must incorporate these foods into your daily diet to relieve inflammation.
- Fruits and vegetables are recommended because they are rich in antioxidants and fiber. Examples include red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.) and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, watercress, turnips, etc.).
- Legumes, such as lentils or dried beans, should be eaten at least twice weekly.
- A handful a day of oilseeds (almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc.), which are foods rich in phytosterols and phenolic antioxidants, is very beneficial against inflammation.
- To maintain the balance of your intestinal microbiota, opt for whole foods or, failing that, semi-whole foods (wholemeal or cereal bread, quinoa, bulgur, etc.).
- Fatty fish, such as mackerel, salmon, or herring, are recommended as they are rich in omega-3.
- You can also find omega 3 in various oils (flax, rapeseed, walnuts, etc.).
- As for spices, turmeric is recommended.
- I prefer dark honey or agave syrup to sugar.
- Finally, remember to hydrate yourself. Indeed, consuming enough water is essential for your body to function correctly.
Depending on your inflammatory problem, you have various options to relieve your pain:
- An otitis? Opt for lavender.
- Tendinitis problem? Prefer wintergreen.
- Digestion problems? Basil is your ally.
- Are you bored with osteoarthritis? Try the black currant.
- Need to relieve joint rheumatism? Consider white willow bark. This powerful herb is called “vegetable aspirin” and effectively lowers fever.
- Is your problem more in the respiratory tract? The Scots pine will act accordingly.
- Conjunctivitis ? _ Use chamomile.
- Sage helps relieve gingivitis.
- Cystitis will be reduced by birch juice.
What Foods To Avoid In Case Of Inflammation?
Certain foods can relieve inflammation, but others can promote its appearance and maintenance.
- Sugary drinks.
- Industrial foods that are too sweet.
- Processed or red meats.
- Industrial wheat flour.
- Foods are rich in omega 6.
- Fried foods.
- Dairy products.
Namely: banning the above elements from your diet is unnecessary. Indeed, consumed in reasonable quantities, these foods do not present a problem.
What Plant Can Replace Cortisone?
Potentilla tormentil, or “Saint Catherine’s herb,” has an active ingredient with anti-inflammatory properties . It is effective in curing canker sores, throat inflammation, mouth ulcers, diarrhea, and stomach aches. It can be used in herbal tea, decoction, mother tincture, lotion, or capsules.
Blackcurrant bud macerate has many virtues: anti-inflammatory, toning, and draining. It stimulates the production of cortisol and acts at all levels (digestive, cutaneous, articular, respiratory, etc.).
How To Fight Against Rheumatism Naturally?
White willow bark and Canada fleabane help relieve rheumatic pain. Other options: turmeric, meadowsweet flower, blackcurrant leaves, ash, or harpagophytum. Caution See your doctor if your symptoms persist, intensify, or come back. They can advise you on the appropriate treatment for you, and if your symptoms persist, they can refer you to a specialist.