Surrounded by vibrant foliage and pumpkin-spiced treats, it’s time to enjoy an array of delightful outdoor activities. We’re enticed to answer the call of the great outdoors. Whether you’re looking forward to planning a cozy bonfire or going on a scenic hike, we’ve put together this handy list of how to curate a woman’s fall wardrobe that’s both practical and stylish for any fall escapade. Let’s dive into the ultimate fall activity clothing guide.
- Layer Like a Pro — No matter what kind of women’s fall clothing you’d like to wear this season, layer it up like a fashion pro. Stay comfortable with whatever the weather throws your way this season by layering with a moisture-wicking base. Moisture-wicking tops will draw the sweat away from your skin. Add on an insulating mid-layer like a lightweight down jacket or fleece to keep you warm. During the fall, you might not be ready for a full-on, full-length winter coat just yet. Instead, you can wear a windproof and waterproof outer shell to protect you against the elements.
- Wear Functional Outerwear — Fashion experts at Who What Wear share that some upcoming fall trends we’ll see for functional outerwear this season include twill trench coats, oversized bomber jackets, and oversized cropped jackets, just to name a few. To pick the best outerwear for fall, choose pieces that are wind-resistant and waterproof and will protect you against the unpredictable fall climate. Look for details like pockets and zippers to make it easy to stow away essentials and take your jacket on and off with ease.
- Opt for Comfortable Denim — For warmth and style, wear comfortable jeans that has a bit of a stretch for more flexibility. The blend of cotton and spandex will offer you the breathability of cotton and the flexibility of spandex. Pair your jeans with a cozy sweater or flannel shirt for that quintessential fall look. Then, accessorize with a belt to keep your jeans secure and give you a little extra fashionable detail.
- Choose Warm Accessories — When you’re trying to enjoy the great outdoors, the last thing you want to think about is how cold you are. Accessorize with a thermal headband or a cozy knit beanie to keep your ears and head warm. Layer up with a scarf in autumn hues or a plaid pattern to keep your neck protected from the chilly winds. Instead of mittens, get touchscreen-compatible gloves so you can stay connected to your smartphone on the go while keeping your hands nice and toasty.
- Try Natural Fabrics — Enhance your style and your warmth this fall by wearing accessories and layering up in natural fabrics. If you’re having trouble choosing trendy sweaters, try ones made from natural and breathable fabrics. Think of sweaters made from wool, linen, and cotton. Cotton tops are ideal for those breezier fall days. If you’re looking for a bit more warmth, wear a wool sweater, which is still an excellent choice as a moisture-wicking and well-insulating fabric. Cotton and merino wool both work well as base layers.
- Carry Fall Essentials in Spacious Bags — What else goes well with women’s clothing this fall? Spacious bags like small backpacks and tote bags to carry all of your fall essentials like umbrellas and a change of shoes fit the bill. A tote bag is perfect for carrying anything from a cozy scarf to your lunch in a thermos. Choose tote bags made from durable, water-resistant fabric to better protect your belongings. If backpacks are more your style, get one with multiple compartments to help keep your must-haves organized. To match the season’s aesthetic, get a tote bag or backpack in autumn colors or patterns like sunflowers or pumpkins.
- Pack a Compact Umbrella — There are plenty of reasons you need a compact umbrella with you when getting ready for outdoor activities. Fall weather is often unpredictable, so you’ll want to have a small umbrella that can fit in a tote bag or your jacket to offer instant protection from sudden rain showers. In addition to rain, you also have to think about getting shelter from chilly winds and shielding from falling leaves. You’ll be well-prepared for any unexpected weather conditions while embracing the beauty of fall with a compact umbrella at your disposal.
- Embrace Fall Colors — Most importantly, while we’ve talked a lot about the practical side of dress for fall, we can’t forget about the fun side of embracing fall colors. Autumn is one of the most fashionable seasons of the year. This is your chance to play around with leaf and acorn patterns in your outfits and accessories. Dress up in neutral-toned colors to make fall-friendly jewel hues and traditional reds, oranges, and yellows really pop.
Now that we’ve explored the art of layering and fall fashion, you’ll look and feel your best during every autumn activity. So go on and sip cider by the bonfire, or enjoy that leisurely walk as you take in nature’s colorful palette. Wear fall color clothes that match the vibrant shades of red and gold around you. May your autumn wardrobe be as vibrant as the falling leaves all around you!