Cookies are just a dream. So big, so sweet, so crunchy. Cookies are also really popular with Instagrammers. Almost 30 million images have already been published under the hashtag #cookies. Against the biscuits’ popularity, the olle banana bread looks old with less than two million entries. Unfortunately, most cookies have a lot of sugar, are not suitable for gluten allergy sufferers or vegans and are not ideal if you are looking for a healthy diet.
But hey: good news! In Maja Brekalo’s book “Bake it Vegan”, we found a recipe for cookies that do not contain gluten, are vegan and contain a whole load of protein powder. And best of all: you only need seven ingredients. Incredible, isn’t it?
Nutrition: This 7-ingredient vegan cookie recipe is packed with protein
- 1⅓ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup of almond butter
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ Cup of chopped vegan dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hold the chickpeas under running water until no more foam is visible and the water is clear. Now gently squeeze the chickpeas and remove the skin from the peas (this will make them easier to digest).
- Now add all the ingredients except the chocolate to your food processor and mix them until you have a smooth mass.
- Now fold in 2/3 of the chocolate chips with a silicone spatula.
- Take an ice cream scoop (or a regular spoon) and place one portion at a time on the baking sheet every two inches. Top each cookie with a few pieces of chocolate.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes with top and bottom heat and a further 5 minutes with fan-assisted mode. If your oven does not have a convection function, bake your cookies for a total of 12-13 minutes with top and bottom heat.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the cookies cool on it for 10 to 15 minutes before moving them off the board onto a wire rack where they can cool completely.
Also Read: Simple Recipe – Lime Olive Oil Cake