Breadsticks Without Yeast: Recipe
After yeast-free bread and yeast-free pizza, here comes the recipe for yeast-free breadsticks. The breadsticks are a great substitute for bread and mostly have longer retention times when properly placed in paper bags. With these steps, you can easily prepare wholemeal breadsticks without yeast simply by replacing the flour. Here’s how to do it!
- Sift the flour and put it in a bowl.
- Add the salt, the oil and mix with your fingers.
- Add the water slowly, starting to knead. Also, add salt.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board and knead quickly until you get a dough.
- Divide the dough into many balls just over a walnut. Obtain thin cylinders about 20 cm long.
- Put the breadsticks on a lined oven tray and brush them with a little oil.
- Bake at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes. When golden and crunchy, your yeast-free breadsticks are ready. Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature before serving.
Variants Of The Yeast-Free Breadsticks Recipe
You can get yeast-free breadsticks even more delicious if, after brushing them with oil, you dust them with poppy seeds, sweet or smoked paprika, fennel seeds, sesame seeds or mixed seeds. To have tastier breadsticks, you can add anchovy sauce to the dough instead of oil or other flavoured oil.
Homemade Sourdough Bread: The Recipe
Fragrant, highly digestible, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside: homemade sourdough bread requires a little experience, but it can be done. To get a perfect homemade sourdough bread recipe, you need to know all the basic information about sourdough. Then the procedure is quick and easy. You need a little practice. Here’s how to do it!
- Put the mother yeast in a bowl (not plastic) and dissolve it in slightly warm water with the honey.
- Add flour and salt and start kneading.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead vigorously for a few minutes (about 10).
- Shape the dough into a ball, transfer it to a bowl, cover with cling film and let it rise for about 4 hours in a place away from sudden changes in temperature and drafts.
- Take the dough, put it on a pastry board and fold it with your fingertips.
- Form two loaves, arrange them in a lined oven pan and place them in the oven. Let it sit overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C, then put the bread in the oven and turn it down to 180 ° C. Bake the bread for about 30 minutes.
- If you have it, you can bake the bread in the Dutch oven. In this way, the heat will spread evenly, and you will get perfect cooking!
- If you want to know more about sourdough bread.
Soft Cheese Bread, The Recipe
Certainly inspired by traditional recipes, cheese bread is perfect for giving even more flavour to this food that can never be missing at the table. As for the cheesecake and the cheese pizza, also for the bread, the mix of cheeses is inserted into the dough, which gains a very soft consistency. Here are all the steps.
- Sift the flour and add the yeast. Mix well with your hands and create the classic fountain on the top with the hole in the centre.
- Put the sugar, salt and oil in the hole. Start by mixing with a fork, incorporating the lukewarm water a little at a time.
- When the dough becomes thick enough to be worked with your hands, start kneading vigorously for 10 minutes.
- Add the two grated kinds of cheese to the mixture and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place it in a glass bowl and cover with a clean, dry cloth. Let the dough rise for about 1 hour until it has doubled in volume.
- At this point, knead the dough again and then cut it into two parts. You can also create small sandwiches if you wish.
- Put the dough in a lined ovenproof dish and let it rise again in the oven at minimum temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bring the oven to 200 ° C and bake the cheese bread for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before cutting it.